DeSilva Gates Construction, Northern California’s established heavy civil engineering contractor, is seeking a Payroll Specialist to join our Accounting Department in the Dublin office. As a Payroll Specialist, you will process weekly union and non-union payroll for our family of companies. The ideal candidate would bring construction industry and union payroll experience and be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Process weekly union and non-union payroll using CmiC.
- Collect timesheets and all necessary paperwork to process timely payroll.
- Review and verify timesheets with employees and management personnel.
- Gather and compile data for union reports as well as monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reports.
- Process garnishments and new hire paperwork including I-9s, W-4s, etc.
- Assist employees with payroll related questions and solve discrepancies when needed.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Exposure to construction industry payroll processing including union and non-union processes.
- Knowledge of CMiC, LCP Tracker and Elations preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in computer programs, such as Microsoft Office. Ability to learn new programs quickly.
- Detail-oriented and superior time management skills.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Able to balance changing needs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate with personnel of all levels.
- Able to work in team and independent settings.
- Required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
- Competitive salary
- Profit sharing- cash and deferred
- Comprehensive coverage- health, dental, vision (Premiums waived with passing participation in yearly wellness program)
- Insurance- life and disability
- Paid time off and Paid holidays
- Robust 401k plan
- Financial planning assistance
DeSilva Gates Construction is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Please visit Indeed