DeSilva Gates Construction, Northern California’s established heavy civil engineering contractor, is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team in the Cordelia office. As an Administrative Assistant, you will support the office with clerical duties by performing routine tasks and providing assistance with projects. The ideal candidate would bring construction industry experience or a project administrative background.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Support project team personnel with general clerical duties, ensuring office functions run smoothly.
- Maintain various logs using electronic systems as well as local files.
- Correspond with clients, subcontractors and vendors regarding submittals, RFIs (Request for Information) and other relevant contract documents.
- Report upcoming weather forecast to project team and crews.
- Coordinate subcontractor insurance renewals.
- Track and upload safety documents.
- Assist with assembling documents, copying, mailing, etc.
- Manage inventory and place orders for office supplies and food & beverage as needed.
- Reserve meeting rooms and coordinate travel accommodations as needed.
- Contribute to the success and functionality of the office by being flexible and willing to assist where needed.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Two years in an administrative role, preferably in the construction industry.
- Proficient in computer programs, such as Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word. Ability to learn new programs if needed.
- Able to balance routine tasks and one-off projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate with internal and external personnel of all levels.
- Able to work in team and independent settings.
- Work with a positive attitude and remain flexible as priorities change.
- Required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive coverage- health, dental, vision (Premiums waived with passing participation in yearly wellness program)
- Profit sharing- cash and deferred
- Insurance- life and disability
- Paid time off and Paid holidays
- 401k plan
- Financial planning assistance
DeSilva Gates Construction is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Please visit Indeed