Construction Materials Technician
DeSilva Gates Construction, Northern California’s established Heavy Civil Engineering Contractor, is seeking a Construction Materials Technician to join our Materials Division in the greater Bay Area region. The Materials Division mines and produces aggregate material to support our construction operations, including stone, sand, gravel, road building materials and hot mix asphalt. The ideal candidate would bring density testing experience and demonstrate knowledge of a nuclear densometer. As a Materials Technician, you will be performing density testing on asphalt and soils and supporting the operation of our aggregate quarries.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Perform density testing utilizing a nuclear densometer and coring machine.
- Test products related to quality assurance, quality control and product development of stone, hot mix asphalt, sand and gravel and all other related materials.
- Provide technical support to the production and sales teams.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors or management.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in aggregates, hot mix asphalt and other construction related products, preferred but not required.
- Soils lab testing knowledge (R-value, Plasticity Index, Moisture Density curves).
- Current Caltrans certifications for testing aggregates and hot mix asphalt.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Self-motivator who can work independently and in group settings.
- Valid California driver’s license and maintain clean DMV record.
- Required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive coverage- health, dental, vision (Premiums waived with passing participation in yearly wellness program)
- Profit sharing- cash and deferred
- Insurance- life and disability
- Paid time off and Paid holidays
- 401k plan
- Financial planning assistance
DeSilva Gates Construction is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Please visit Indeed