DeSilva Gates Construction, Northern California’s established heavy civil engineering contractor, is seeking an Equipment Coordinator to join our team, based in the Dublin office. As an Equipment Coordinator, you will communicate with field crews, office team members and vendors to coordinate daily equipment placement while maximizing utilization and aim to achieve minimal transportation costs. The ideal candidate would bring dispatching experience related to construction and/or equipment with the proven ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced setting.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Communicate with our field construction crews to understand the needs and the scope of their work.
- Maximize utilization of company owned equipment fleet.
- Work with equipment rental vendors to rent equipment as needed.
- Approve vendor invoices.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with and dispatching construction equipment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Ability to learn new programs.
- Able to work in team and independent settings.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate with internal and external personnel of all levels. Capable of negotiation with vendors.
- Required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive coverage- health, dental, vision (Competitive premiums with participation in yearly wellness program)
- Profit sharing- cash and deferred
- Insurance- life and disability
- Paid time off and Paid holidays
- 401k plan
- Financial planning assistance
DeSilva Gates Construction is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Please visit Indeed