DeSilva Gates Construction, LP, Northern California’s established heavy civil engineering contractor, is seeking an Estimating Engineer to be part of our successful team in our Dublin and Sacramento offices. Learn from some of the most talented Estimators in the industry as you develop quality “take-offs” that are used to put together accurate cost estimates. We have an extensive portfolio of public and private projects that will provide you with the opportunity to challenge and grow in your construction career.
Reporting to the Estimating Engineering Manager, responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Understanding our client’s needs and the scope of the project
- Read Plans and Specifications
- Perform detailed take-offs using various programs including Agtek, AutoCad, Terramodel, Blue Beam
- Attend Pre-bid Meetings
- Assist with Bid Closings
- Deliver Contracts, Bids, etc.
- Miscellaneous tasks including picking up plans, plan copying, etc.
- Assist Estimators with various projects and other duties as directed.
- Undergraduate degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering.
- Candidates with and those without Estimating Engineering experience welcome.
The preferred candidate will possess excellent skills in the following areas:
- MS Office, Word, Excel, Agtek, AutoCad, Terramodel and Blue Beam.
- Undergraduate level math skills.
- Work in a team environment.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced setting.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive coverage- health, dental, vision (Premiums waived with passing participation in yearly wellness program
- Insurance- life and disability
- Profit sharing- cash and deferred
- Paid time off and Paid holidays
- 401k plan administration
- Financial planning assistance
- Vehicle allowance
DeSilva Gates Construction is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Please visit Indeed