DeSilva Gates Construction, Northern California’s established heavy civil engineering contractor, is seeking an Estimator to join our team in the Dublin or Sacramento offices. As an Estimator, you will prepare accurate, timely cost proposals and estimates for private and public works projects. The position also requires constant communication with our clients and subcontractors to build relationships, understand needs and maintain those efforts of continued success. Our extensive portfolio of public and private projects will provide you with the opportunity to challenge and grow in your construction career.
- Review specifications, drawings, and proposed project site conditions to include in final project estimate.
- Review quantity take-offs to ensure accuracy of data used in estimates.
- Analyze and build estimate data that impact the cost of labor, materials, equipment, location and other factors to ensure a quality and timely estimate.
- Analyze alternative means and construction methods to increase competitiveness of a bid.
- Utilize existing cost history as a check basis.
- Apply mathematical calculations to ensure estimated costs are accurate.
- Analyze risks and communicate strategies to mitigate future construction obstacles.
- Present estimate/proposal to management for review to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Communicate with subcontractors and suppliers to obtain pricing.
- Communicate estimate bid information to field operations at pre-construction meetings to ensure understanding of project scope.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or equivalent related work experience.
- 2+ years estimating work experience preferred.
- Prior Project Manager/Engineer and quantity take-off experience is a plus.
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities to produce simultaneous estimates.
- Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Primavera Scheduling software.
- Knowledge of Estimating software. HCSS Heavy Bid is a plus.
- Working knowledge of construction principles.
- String written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of agency minority business enterprise requirements.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive coverage- health, dental, vision (Premiums waived with passing participation in yearly wellness program)
- Profit sharing- cash and deferred
- Insurance- life and disability
- Paid time off and Paid holidays
- 401k plan
- Financial planning assistance
- Vehicle allowance and gas card
DeSilva Gates Construction is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Please visit Indeed