DeSilva Gates Construction, Northern California’s established heavy civil engineering contractor, is seeking a Project Engineer to join our team in various Northern California offices. We have an extensive portfolio of public and private projects that will provide you with the opportunity to challenge and grow in your career.
Reporting to a Project Manager, the Project Engineer’s responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Understanding our client’s needs and the scope of the project.
- Scheduling- Weekly resource scheduling, 3 Week Look Ahead, and CPM 9 Days.
- Schedule and coordinate with Foreman, Superintendents and subcontractors.
- Pre costing activities of work.
- Manage the cost report, accounts receivable and accounts payable of assigned projects.
- Conduct site safety surveys to evaluate safety program implementation.
- Monitor subcontractor safety performance to ensure compliance with DGC Safety Program.
- Implement and enforce company and client safety policies.
- Other duties as directed by the Project Manager.
- An Undergraduate degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering is preferred but not mandatory.
- Able to read and understand Plans and Specifications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Ability to learn new programs.
- Able to work in both team and independent settings.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate with internal and external personnel of all levels.
- Able to effectively multi-task and proactively problem solve in a dynamic, fast-paced setting.
- Required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
- Experience with Public and Private construction is a plus.
- Experience coordinating work with various subcontractors including underground utility work and minor concrete is preferred but not mandatory.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive coverage- health, dental, vision (Premiums waived with passing participation in yearly wellness program)
- Profit sharing- cash and deferred
- Insurance- life and disability
- Paid time off and Paid holidays
- 401k plan
- Financial planning assistance
- Vehicle allowance and gas card
DeSilva Gates Construction is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Please visit Indeed