Regional Safety Manager
DeSilva Gates Construction, Northern California’s established heavy civil engineering contractor, is seeking a Regional Safety Manager to join our Safety Department in the South Bay Area. As a Regional Safety Manager, you will manage and implement safety programs in these construction environments: heavy civil engineering, environmental remediation and trucking. This position serves as the Department’s direct point of contact on jobsites, visiting multiple sites per day to provide engaged guidance and support for the project team to identify and plan to avoid hazards and achieve zero incidents.
The RSM reports to the Director of Corporate Safety while working with project teams in the field. Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Implement and enforce company safety policies through personal interaction with project teams and field leaders and employees on jobsites.
- Teach, coach and mentor the company’s Safety Culture through Production Risk Management (PRM).
- Train employees and managers on safety program topics.
- Conduct site surveys to evaluate safety program implementation & compliance.
- Write & review safety documentation (Job Hazard Analysis, incident reports, pictures, traffic control plans, pothole excavation plan, etc.) at each jobsite visited.
- Proactively identify hazards to prevent harm to employees, equipment and the environment.
- Attend at daily safety meetings, providing Safety Training and awareness.
- Investigate & document incidents, accidents and near misses at the scene.
- Use all resources (local, state, fed) to evaluate risk management effectiveness.
- Undergraduate Degree.
- Civil Construction, asphalt paving production experience.
- Extensive OSHA and CalOSHA knowledge and experience.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate with internal and external personnel of all levels.
- Ability to work, prioritize and meet goals in a dynamic environment.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience developing and managing safety programs.
- CHST/CSP/CIH certification.
- MSHA certification.
- Proven experience working with union and salaried personnel.
- Competitive salary
- Profit sharing- cash and deferred
- Comprehensive coverage- health, dental, vision (Premiums waived with passing participation in yearly wellness program)
- Insurance- life and disability
- Paid time off and Paid holidays
- Robust 401k plan
- Financial planning assistance
DeSilva Gates Construction is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Please visit Indeed