Safety Manager (SFO Airport)
Golden Gate Constructors, a Joint Venture of DeSilva Gates Construction and Granite Rock Company, is seeking a Safety Manager to oversee work on a civil engineering construction project at San Francisco International Airport (SFO). As a Site Safety Manager, you serve as the Safety Department’s direct point of contact on the jobsite to provide engaged guidance and support for the project team and management of the Site Safety Program including adherence to numerous company and airport specific safety plans with safety oversight for our subcontractor’s safety as well. You will be an integral part of our project team and our goal of achieving zero incidents by identifying hazards and developing plans to avoid those hazards for our crews and our subcontractors’ crews. You will also be involved with other safety professionals at SFO as the Joint Venture’s representative for project safety reviews and other airport wide safety panel meetings and discussions.
This position is a temporary appointment to the project as a consultant, with the opportunity for permanent employment. The position is full-time with the anticipated duration of the project set to be 8-10 months. At times, work will occur 24 hours a day, 6 days a week, and the selected candidate may be assigned to daytime, nighttime, or weekend shifts. Computer proficiency, superior communication and organizational skills are required. DeSilva Gates Construction offers an excellent compensation package.
Reporting to the Director of Health & Safety, responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Implementation of safety plans and policies to prevent incidents and accidents.
- Implement and enforce company and client safety policies through personal interaction with project teams, field leaders, employees and subcontractors on the jobsite.
- Conduct Site Safety Surveys to evaluate safety program implementation and compliance.
- Proactively identify and mitigate hazards to prevent harm to employees, equipment and the environment.
- Attend daily safety meetings, providing Safety Training and awareness.
- Monitor and improve subcontractor safety performance.
- Investigate and document incidents, accidents, injuries, and near misses on the jobsite.
- Use all resources (local, state, federal) to evaluate risk management effectiveness.
- Other duties as directed by the Director of Corporate Safety.
- Heavy Civil Construction safety professional experience.
- OSHA 30 Certification, Hazwoper and CalOSHA knowledge and experience.
- Ability to work, prioritize and meet goals in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Undergraduate Degree.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience developing and managing safety programs.
- CHST/CSP/CIH certification.
- Proven experience working with union and salaried personnel.
DeSilva Gates Construction is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Please visit Indeed