As an infrastructure contractor, our over-riding vision is to improve lives. Our clients trust us to help them deliver complex construction and engineering projects that will ultimately provide the public with safe roads, clean water, comfortable housing, modern workplaces, improved transportation, and so much more. Outside of work our employees also share their time, talent and resources through community outreach efforts. We take pride in knowing that millions of people across the state benefit from the hard work and contributions of our employees.
We are committed to being partners with the community by:
- Proactively contracting with local, small, disadvantaged, women, veteran or minority-owned businesses as our suppliers and subcontractors
- Mentoring small and emerging local, minority and disadvantaged contractors
- Hiring skilled craft employees from the areas in which we work
- Identifying meaningful opportunities to give back to the communities in which we live and work through charitable outreach
- Reaching out to schools of all levels to provide mentoring, sponsorships, internships and educational support
- Actively aiding with recovery efforts from natural disasters such as wildfires and earthquakes
“DeSilva Gates Construction has been a constant supporter of the Fresno State Construction Management Department. Providing internships, participating on the Industry Advisory Board, attending networking events for students, and supporting students at the ASC Student Competition are just some of the ways that DGC has made an industry presence at our campus. They always make a point to say “hello,” and check in with students who have interviewed with them. The success of the department is, in part, due to active industry partners, like DeSilva Gates.”
Monet Keeth, Fresno State University Student
DeSilva Gates values education and supports a variety of outreach programs, sponsorships and scholarships. DeSilva Gates actively supports construction management students and programs at numerous universities including:
CSU – Chico, CSU – Fresno, CSU – Sacramento, CSU – East Bay, San Jose State University, Cal Poly – San Luis Obisbo
“The support from DeSilva Gates Construction has meant so much to Tri-Valley Haven and the families we serve! No child or teenager should go without a gift or food on Christmas or Hanukkah. Thanks to DeSilva Gates they haven’t had to. Together, we can create communities free from poverty and abuse.”
Christine Dillman, Director of Sexual Assault & Counseling Services
DeSilva Gates recognizes the importance of giving back to the community and makes it a priority to be involved in the areas where we live and work. An example of our community involvement includes our support of Tri-Valley Haven – a local non-profit organization providing shelter and counseling for battered women.